Heart Center Staff Chaplain/System Bereavement Coordinator - Children's Health Dallas
Job ID: 54809
Heart Center Staff Chaplain/System Bereavement Coordinator
Provide spiritual leadership, care, nurture and support for patients, family members, physicians and hospital staff across the continuum in the Heart Center. Build relationships and foster collaboration across disciplines to provide the optimum patient and family care experience. Plan, facilitate and implement programmatic strategies to increase and sustain employee job satisfaction. Provide program leadership for hospital bereavement program including work on the bereavement committee.
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFORMATION
Job Specific Responsibilities:
– Spiritual care and nurture
1) Provide spiritual care and nurture for patients, family members,physicians and hospital staff across the continuum in the Heart Center
2) Orient pastoral care residents and interns to the Heart Center
3) Develop staff care initiatives to proactively assist staff with work stressors.
– Bereavement Care
1) Provide leadership for the hospital bereavement program through the bereavement committee.
1) Provide didactic presentations for CPE program, other departments and interested community organizations as directed by the Director of Pastoral Care
– Minimum 2-3 years of Chaplain experience in a pediatric setting
– Spanish speaking is preferred but not required
– Graduate or professional work or advanced degree; or equivalent experience
– Master of Divinity or equivalent
– Certification as a professional chaplain
|Job Family||Professional & Management|
|Expertise||Support Services – Pastoral Care|
|Job Type||Full Time|